How to Become a Meritus Scholar
Your focus and commitment make you a Meritus Scholar. The program is more than just a scholarship check, although $14,000 over four years is nice too!
Meritus provides full college support to each of its Scholars through to graduation. This includes guidance around financial aid, academic planning, time management, adjusting to college life, balancing responsibilities, and self-advocacy. Meritus provides you with a network of individuals from the community through mentoring, coaching, and career and professional skills development for success throughout college and beyond.
Your engagement through to graduation is essential. Each semester you will be required to stay in touch with your Meritus student advisor, and at the end of each term, provide evidence of full-time enrollment, submit your grades, and write a letter to your donor(s).
Eligibility to Apply
Meritus welcomes seniors graduating from San Francisco high schools with plans to attend a four-year college to apply. You are eligible if you:
- Earn a cumulative GPA of 3.0 – 3.7 (unweighted)
- Demonstrate financial need
- Plan to attend a four-year accredited college
- Demonstrate an outstanding personal record of achievement as determined by:
- Academic preparation to succeed in college
- Ability to overcome challenges and a desire to succeed
- Quality involvement with others via work, school, family, and community
- Focus and purpose in pursuing higher education en route to post-graduate goals
Applications to become a 2017 Meritus Scholar are due January 20, 2017.